Junior Full-Stack Developer React.js Node.js
Montreal 🇨🇦 ($70k - $80k) or Paris 🇫🇷 (40k€ - 50k€)+stock options 💰 0y.-2y. EXP🧪
🌬 Zeffy is revolutionizing the social economy with simple, zero-fee web tools that save over 4,000 charities thousands of dollars each day.
🚀 Not only are we one of the fastest-growing online fundraising platforms, but we are also the only 100% free platform that is purpose-built to help nonprofits.
🌎 We're experiencing rapid growth all over North America. In Canada, we are tripling the number of active nonprofits each year. And after only having launched operations in the U.S. in January 2022, we already have over 1,000 U.S.-based organizations using our platform.
✌️ We're pretty stoked, to say least. Beyond increasing our collective social impact, we're assembling a dream team of passionate people to take on the challenges that lie ahead. If you want to come along for the ride, we'd love to meet with you!
- Are passionate, curious and not afraid to learn and try new things
- Are looking to have a positive impact on society
- Know how to prioritize between what needs to be done perfectly and what needs to be done efficiently
- Are ambitious and want to create something big by changing the future of charities across North America
- Come up with easy solutions to complex problems
- Hate long meetings and inefficiency
- Know when to take a break and enjoy lunch with colleagues
📖 Read more:
As a junior developer, you will participate in all the tasks that make up the life of a developer at Zeffy:
- Development of key features and modules of a robust NextJS application
- Be part of the front-end evolution of the platform
- Maintain and improve the payment module with a paramount importance for security
- Weekly software watch to evolve with the technology
- Improvement of our tailor made agile development method
- Continuous learning and mutual support within the team
- Personal projects that demonstrate a strong curiosity and desire to learn
- You have already set up a website with a database in a personal/school project
- Understanding of user experience and flow: one of our challenges is to be easily usable by "non-technical" people
- Ability to work in a team and communicate
- As this is a junior role, we will rely mainly on the values/cultural fit
Research shows that candidates from underrepresented backgrounds often don't apply for roles if they don't check every box. If this applies to you and you are interested in the position, we'd love to hear about your unique experience!
- Front-end: React, NextJS (Typescript)
- Back-end: NestJS (Typescript)
- Database: PostgreSQL
- CI/CD: Github Actions, Cypress
- Other techs: GraphQL, TypeORM, Git & Github, Docker
- Opportunity to be a key employee in a start-up (in the first 30 employees)
- Stock option program
- Team activities / Cohesion
- Team volunteering every 2 months
- Offices in the heart of Plateau Mont-Royal (or Paris 11e), with part-time remote work possible
- An introductory phone call
- A test created by our technical team
- A meeting with one or both co-founders
- A decision